Try Ruby! is back

Marc Heiler

http://tryruby.sophrinix.com/

Seems a bit slowish, or perhaps it is my memory (I could swear it
responded a lot faster in the past)

Anyway I think it should be linked to from official ruby homepage too
once it works, because I think it is a great way to showcase ruby to
newcomers (or help oldcomers get a remote calculator quickly!)

James Edward Gray II

http://tryruby.sophrinix.com/

Seems a bit slowish, or perhaps it is my memory (I could swear it
responded a lot faster in the past)

Anyway I think it should be linked to from official ruby homepage too
once it works, because I think it is a great way to showcase ruby to
newcomers (or help oldcomers get a remote calculator quickly!)

We've had it there before. I took it down because people complained
about the dead link. Let's see how the restoration goes and then we
can make that call.

James Edward Gray II

jonty

I had never looked at this before but it is absolutely brill! Found a
couple of things that don't work as they should so will have a go at
sorting it out

David Masover

http://tryruby.sophrinix.com/

Seems a bit slowish, or perhaps it is my memory (I could swear it
responded a lot faster in the past)

It responds quickly enough, but seems completely broken for me. At least, when
I try to evaluate anything, the return value is a single sort of dark-brownish
space.

brabuhr

It responds quickly enough, but seems completely broken for me. At least, when
I try to evaluate anything, the return value is a single sort of dark-brownish
space.

"We will be back in a few hours. Someone discovered a security hole.
They reported it, but not until someone else thought it would be cute to
drop a rootkit in."