try to connect Ruby to oracle

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by andre hartawan, Dec 8, 2006.

  1. Need an advice please,

    I have an error while trying to connect ruby to
    oracle.
    u can see the error below.What should I do ?

    E:\ruby\bin>ruby -r oci8 -e "OCI8.new('hr', 'hr',
    '//10.10.xx.xx:1521/oradbx').
    exec('select * from JOBS') do |r| puts r.join(',');
    end"
    E:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/oci8.rb:49:in `create':
    ERROR (OCIError)
    from E:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/oci8.rb:49

    thnx
    andre

    Want to start your own business?
    Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
    http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index

    andre hartawan, Dec 8, 2006

  2. Re: [OT] try to connect Ruby to oracle

    --------------enig59A0B994BA94D68F14E503EC

    andre hartawan wrote:
    > [snip thread hijack]

    Please, don't use the "Reply" function of your email client to start
    talking about a topic completely different than the one of the post
    you're replying to, but write a new message from scratch. It Makes
    Things Confusing (tm).

    Disclaimer: if it's the apparent fault of my client and noone else sees
    this as an (accidental) hijack of Francis Cianfrocca's about BER, ignore
    this message.

    David Vallner

    David Vallner, Dec 8, 2006