Trying to install module with CPAN

Discussion in 'Perl' started by simon, Dec 4, 2004.

  1. simon

    simon Guest

    Hi
    I am trying to install MIME::Base64 and MIME::QuotedPrint using CPAN on
    Suse 9.1. Suse comes with Perl v5.8.3 already installed.

    The error message I receive is as follows:

    MOOSE:/usr/local/cpanSGH # perl -MCPAN -e "install 'MIME::Base64'"
    CPAN: Storable loaded ok
    Going to read /usr/local/cpanSGH/Metadata
    Database was generated on Sat, 04 Dec 2004 02:50:14 GMT
    Running install for module MIME::Base64
    Running make for G/GA/GAAS/MIME-Base64-3.05.tar.gz
    CPAN: Digest::MD5 loaded ok
    Checksum for
    /usr/local/cpanSGH/sources/authors/id/G/GA/GAAS/MIME-Base64-3.05.tar.gz ok
    Scanning cache /usr/local/cpanSGH/build for sizes
    MIME-Base64-3.05/
    MIME-Base64-3.05/t/
    MIME-Base64-3.05/t/warn.t
    MIME-Base64-3.05/t/bad-sv.t
    MIME-Base64-3.05/t/unicode.t
    MIME-Base64-3.05/t/quoted-print.t
    MIME-Base64-3.05/t/base64.t
    MIME-Base64-3.05/README
    MIME-Base64-3.05/QuotedPrint.pm
    MIME-Base64-3.05/MANIFEST
    MIME-Base64-3.05/decode-qp
    MIME-Base64-3.05/encode-base64
    MIME-Base64-3.05/encode-qp
    MIME-Base64-3.05/Base64.pm
    MIME-Base64-3.05/Changes
    MIME-Base64-3.05/Makefile.PL
    MIME-Base64-3.05/decode-base64
    MIME-Base64-3.05/Base64.xs
    Removing previously used /usr/local/cpanSGH/build/MIME-Base64-3.05

    Here's the contents of the Config.pm file:

    cpan> o conf
    CPAN::Config options from /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.3/CPAN/Config.pm:
    commit Commit changes to disk
    defaults Reload defaults from disk
    init Interactive setting of all options

    build_cache 10
    build_dir /usr/local/cpanSGH/build
    cache_metadata 1
    cpan_home /usr/local/cpanSGH
    dontload_hash
    ftp /usr/bin/ftp
    ftp_proxy
    getcwd cwd
    gpg /usr/bin/gpg
    gzip /usr/bin/gzip
    histfile /usr/local/cpanSGH/histfile
    histsize 100
    http_proxy
    inactivity_timeout 0
    index_expire 1
    inhibit_startup_message 0
    keep_source_where /usr/local/cpanSGH/sources
    lynx
    make
    make_arg
    make_install_arg
    makepl_arg
    ncftp
    ncftpget
    no_proxy localhost
    pager less
    prerequisites_policy ask
    scan_cache atstart
    shell /bin/bash
    tar /bin/tar
    term_is_latin 1
    unzip /usr/bin/unzip
    urllist
    ftp://ftp.du.se/pub/CPAN/
    wget /usr/bin/wget
    cpan>

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just looked to see if there
    were any environment variables in 'profile'. No referens to Perl
    anywhere. Hmm, seems a bit strange. How can I check the Perl variable?

    //Simon

    simon, Dec 4, 2004