    comp.lang.java.programmer: trying to redirect both std out and err to a file
    together and still err to a separate file

    , Aug 29, 2012

  2. Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 02:58:45 +0000 (UTC),
    wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    someone who said :

    > Lew you are right the thread started on comp.unix.shell. It does however
    >related to java

    If you do it with a shell, you potentially need a different script for
    each platform. If you do it inside the Java program, it works
    everywhere. However, it is usually easier to modify a shell than a
    Java program.

    see System.setErr System.setOut
    A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light,
    but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.
    ~ Max Planck 1858-04-23 1947-10-04

    Roedy Green, Aug 29, 2012