TUI library

Imobach González Sosa

gabriele renzi

il Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:18:20 +0900, "Imobach González Sosa"

Hi all,

I'm new to Ruby and I've fallen in love ;-)

But now I'm facing the development of an TUI (Text User Interface) based
application. So, I'd like to know which library you recommend to me to build
the user interface (not ncurses directly but CDK or something similar -
there's no CDK binding for Ruby).

I suppose there was a CTK binding but I can't find it atm..
anyway you could look at
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?name=jttui
and
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?name=ruby-newt

Dmitry Borodaenko

I suppose there was a CTK binding but I can't find it atm.. anyway you
could look at
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?name=jttui

Last update: 2002-05-14 09:59:48 GMT

I maintained this package in Debian for a while, but it needs a lot of
work on API, and it uses its own hacked curses implementation, and it
isn't worked on by original author, so I orphaned it. I would advise
against using it.

Last update: 2002-01-07 11:17:04 GMT

Never used this one, but it appears to be even more outdated than JTTui,
and isn't even listed on author's home page.

I would say, state of TUIs for Ruby is rather poor. Anyone tried to tie
up Ruby GNOME2 with text-mode Gtk?

Imobach González Sosa