Two Relax NG compact questions

Discussion in 'XML' started by Manfred Lotz, Feb 14, 2012.

  1. Manfred Lotz

    Manfred Lotz Guest

    Hi there,
    I've got two questions.

    1. Using Relax NG compact I want to define an element which I don't
    want to be empty.

    I did this:

    element library { xsd:string { minLength = "1" } }

    Question: Could this be done in an easier way?

    2. In an element definition I could use either string or text.
    Example:

    element book { text }

    element book { string }

    Question: What is the difference between string and text in this
    context?

    --
    Thanks much,
    Manfred