    Also, is there a way to get line numbers in the left margin? Again, Emacs
    did this. Vi did it too. (Just want my poor, poor Solaris box back :(

    -0x53 0x20 0x65 0x20 0x61 0x20 0x6E

    Sean M. Tucker, Jul 24, 2004

  2. Go to the tool->options and in the tabs and editor sections you
    can control the formating.

    I don't think you can get line numbers to show up on the window, but
    why do you need them ? You only have to point at the error in the
    output window to go to the error in the source code, breakpoints are
    set graphically. If you want to know the current line number its displayed
    in the
    little box on the right hand bottom corner.

    dave

    "Sean M. Tucker" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Sorry to post here, but I didn't see anything more appropriate. Anyone

    know
    > how to format text with Visual C++? I used to use Emacs, and now I hate

    it

    Dave Townsend, Jul 24, 2004

  3. Sean M. Tucker

    John Carson Guest

    > Hi,
    >
    > Sorry to post here, but I didn't see anything more appropriate.

    You didn't look very hard. The obvious place to go is

    microsoft.public.vc.ide_general

    Failing that, you might try

    microsoft.public.vc.language

    which serves as a general clearing house for VC++ questions.

    > Anyone know how to format text with Visual C++? I used to use Emacs,
    > and now I hate it that I can't auto-format.
    >
    > Also, is there a way to get line numbers in the left margin? Again,
    > Emacs did this. Vi did it too. (Just want my poor, poor Solaris box
    > back :(

    You need to specify what version of VC++ you are using. With 7.1, for
    example, you can get line numbers with

    Tools->Options->Text Editor->C/C++

    and then clicking the line numbers check box.

    --
    John Carson

    John Carson, Jul 24, 2004