    name), then another question/user replies, another question/user
    replies" but how can I display text and have the user go through to the
    end? Hope this makes sense. Thanks!
    woodyee, Nov 28, 2006

  2. woodyee

    Bira Guest

    On 11/28/06, woodyee <> wrote:

    > How can I do this in Ruby? I can do simple "Your name? (user writes
    > name), then another question/user replies, another question/user
    > replies" but how can I display text and have the user go through to the
    > end? Hope this makes sense. Thanks!

    You can do this sort of "fancy text terminal" in Ruby using libraries
    such as "curses" or "ncurses", which are written in C and possess Ruby
    bindings. There's a more elaborate library written in Ruby called
    Highline, IIRC, which seems to handle most of the fiddly detail for
    you. I also want to try this out some day, but I haven't got around to
    it yet :).

    --
    Bira
    http://compexplicita.blogspot.com
    Bira, Nov 28, 2006

  3. woodyee

    woodyee Guest

    Hi! This example was what I've been getting myself. What I want is when
    you run the program, you have the 'questions' already displayed on the
    screen.

    Ex:
    c:\ ruby test.rb
    First Name: Last Name: