Typo3 and XML: Can Typo3 export XML?

Discussion in 'XML' started by DV, Jan 18, 2005.

  1. DV

    DV Guest

    Hello group,

    Does anyone of you use the CMS "Typo3"?

    If so: it seems that it can parse XML for import or for doint other
    interesting stuff (i.e. building flash movies according to
    XML-descriptions.

    Does anyone know whether Typo3 can EXPORT valid XML? A customer of
    ours
    has asked us whether Typo3 could export to valid XML for import into
    structured FrameMaker 7.1

    I would be most grateful, if anyone could tell me something about this
    or point me to some info.

    Thanks in advance.

    Cheers,
    Franz Kaufmann.

    DV, Jan 18, 2005

  2. (DV) writes:

    > Does anyone of you use the CMS "Typo3"?

    Yes,

    > Does anyone know whether Typo3 can EXPORT valid XML? A customer of
    > ours
    > has asked us whether Typo3 could export to valid XML for import into
    > structured FrameMaker 7.1

    I havn't seen any official tool for exporting XML.

    We have a plugin for generating RSS. It is just an ordinary Typo3
    front-end plugin emitting XML and then a bit of TypoScript to disable
    the template and Typo3's html cleanup functions.

    Do you need one XML structure describing one page or one XML structure
    describing the complete site or just specific parts of the site?

    --
    Peter Makholm | Yes, you can fight it, but in the end the ultimate
    http://hacking.dk | -- Linus Torvalds

    Peter Makholm, Jan 18, 2005