UK Python Conference - 19-20 April 2006

Discussion in 'Python' started by Andy Robinson, Feb 28, 2006.

  1. The ACCU is once again hosting a UK Python Conference on the above dates
    at the Randolph Hotel in Oxford. Sign up now.....

    http://www.accu.org/index.php/conferences/2006/schedule

    PROGRAMME
    =========
    I am happy to announce that Guido van Rossum is once again a keynote
    speaker for the entire ACCU conference. Following his keynote we have
    a single, 2-day Python track on Wednesday and Thursday including...

    Steve Holden: The Best of PyCon
    Michael Hudson: Error Handling with Recovery
    Phil Thompson: PyQT 4
    Michael Hudson: PyPy - a progress report
    Simon Willison: Django
    Remi Delon: CherryPy and TurboGears
    Chris Withers: Templating systems
    Andy Robinson: Metadata and models in Python
    Andrew Thompson: Financial Programming in Python

    ....and of course lightning talks and BOFS will be welcome....

    Friday 21st will feature a Dynamic Languages track with in-depth talks
    on Javascript, Ruby and Groovy, which I am sure will be of great
    interest to Python developers; and of course the dinner.

    PRE CONFERENCE PYTHON TUTORIAL:
    ===============================
    John Pinner will be giving a full day "Python for Programmers" tutorial
    on Tuesday prior to the main event. This tutorial is aimed at
    programmers who have no previous knowledge of Python but who would like
    to know more about it. If you want to convert your colleagues, this is
    where to send them....

    ABOUT THE ACCU CONFERENCE
    =========================
    For those not familiar with the event, the ACCU conference is one of the
    foremost gatherings of programming talent in the world, regularly
    featuring authors and major figures from the C/C++/C#/Java/Python and
    other communities. The cheapest way to attend is to join the ACCU

    This will be the LAST CHANCE to attend this fantastic event; after more
    than 5 years of being nurtured by the ACCU, the UK Python community will
    hopefully be organising a standalone conference in future years. Python
    talks will continue to be welcome (and we hope numerous) on the ACCU
    programme, but not as an advertised "mini-conference"; instead we'll be
    shifting focus to dynamic languages in general.

    Best Regards,

    Andy Robinson
    ACCU Conference Committee
    Andy Robinson, Feb 28, 2006