UK Python Conference - 19-20 April 2006

Andy Robinson

The ACCU is once again hosting a UK Python Conference on the above dates
at the Randolph Hotel in Oxford. Sign up now.....

http://www.accu.org/index.php/conferences/2006/schedule

PROGRAMME
=========
I am happy to announce that Guido van Rossum is once again a keynote
speaker for the entire ACCU conference. Following his keynote we have
a single, 2-day Python track on Wednesday and Thursday including...

Steve Holden: The Best of PyCon
Michael Hudson: Error Handling with Recovery
Phil Thompson: PyQT 4
Michael Hudson: PyPy - a progress report
Simon Willison: Django
Remi Delon: CherryPy and TurboGears
Chris Withers: Templating systems
Andy Robinson: Metadata and models in Python
Andrew Thompson: Financial Programming in Python

....and of course lightning talks and BOFS will be welcome....

Friday 21st will feature a Dynamic Languages track with in-depth talks
on Javascript, Ruby and Groovy, which I am sure will be of great
interest to Python developers; and of course the dinner.

PRE CONFERENCE PYTHON TUTORIAL:
===============================
John Pinner will be giving a full day "Python for Programmers" tutorial
on Tuesday prior to the main event. This tutorial is aimed at
programmers who have no previous knowledge of Python but who would like
to know more about it. If you want to convert your colleagues, this is
where to send them....

ABOUT THE ACCU CONFERENCE
=========================
For those not familiar with the event, the ACCU conference is one of the
foremost gatherings of programming talent in the world, regularly
featuring authors and major figures from the C/C++/C#/Java/Python and
other communities. The cheapest way to attend is to join the ACCU

This will be the LAST CHANCE to attend this fantastic event; after more
than 5 years of being nurtured by the ACCU, the UK Python community will
hopefully be organising a standalone conference in future years. Python
talks will continue to be welcome (and we hope numerous) on the ACCU
programme, but not as an advertised "mini-conference"; instead we'll be
shifting focus to dynamic languages in general.

Best Regards,

Andy Robinson
ACCU Conference Committee