    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    кто ÑлÑÑ‰Ð°Ñ ÐºÑ€Ð°Ñавица?

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Jun 30, 2006

  2. Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > Hello,
    > How do I write ul class and id in an external style sheet?
    > Are the forms
    > #domaener.subsubsection ul {
    > }
    > and
    > <ul class="subsubsection" id="domaener">
    > both accepted
    > or perhaps wrong?

    Wrong, that points to a UL that is a *child* of element ID "domaener"
    and class "subsubsection".

    if you want to style the UL then

    #domaener.subsubsection {...} is want you want. The UL is not needed
    because only *one* element can be id "domaener", one would write

    element.className {...}

    to be more specific because you *can* have more than one element that is
    class="subsubsection".

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Jun 30, 2006

  3. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Jim Higson Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > Hello,
    > How do I write ul class and id in an external style sheet?
    > Are the forms
    > #domaener.subsubsection ul {
    > }
    > and
    > <ul class="subsubsection" id="domaener">
    > both accepted
    > or perhaps wrong?

    instead of "subsubsection" it might be neater to use XHTML2 style nesting.
    For example, this selector matches a section in a section in a section:

    ..section .section .section

    --
    Jim

    Jim Higson, Jun 30, 2006
  4. Jim Higson wrote:
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    >> Hello,
    >> How do I write ul class and id in an external style sheet?
    >> Are the forms
    >> #domaener.subsubsection ul {
    >> }
    >> and
    >> <ul class="subsubsection" id="domaener">
    >> both accepted
    >> or perhaps wrong?

    > instead of "subsubsection" it might be neater to use XHTML2 style nesting.
    > For example, this selector matches a section in a section in a section:
    >
    > .section .section .section

    Don't what that has to do XHTML, CSS2.1 does nesting selector just dandy.

    ..doThis {...}
    ..doThat {...}

    ..doThis .doThat { ... can be something different ...}

    <head>

    .doThis { color: red; }
    .doThat { color: green; }
    .doThis .doThat { color: blue;}

    </head>

    Don't get Luigi confused with XHTML, he is dangerous enough in HTML

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Jun 30, 2006
  5. "Jim Higson" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > > How do I write ul class and id in an external style sheet?
    > > Are the forms
    > > #domaener.subsubsection ul {
    > > }
    > > and
    > > <ul class="subsubsection" id="domaener">
    > > both accepted
    > > or perhaps wrong?

    > instead of "subsubsection" it might be neater to use XHTML2 style nesting.
    > For example, this selector matches a section in a section in a section:
    >
    > .section .section .section

    But I use a html doctype....

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    кто ÑлÑÑ‰Ð°Ñ ÐºÑ€Ð°Ñавица?

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Jun 30, 2006
  6. Luigi Donatello Asero

    dorayme Guest

    In article <2dbe3$44a56863$40cba793$>,
    "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:

    > Don't get Luigi confused with XHTML, he is dangerous enough in HTML

    No truer words were ever spoken...

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jun 30, 2006
  7. "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > In article <2dbe3$44a56863$40cba793$>,
    > "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Don't get Luigi confused with XHTML, he is dangerous enough in HTML

    > No truer words were ever spoken...

    Do you like footboll?

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    кто ÑлÑÑ‰Ð°Ñ ÐºÑ€Ð°Ñавица?

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Jun 30, 2006

    > "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > In article <2dbe3$44a56863$40cba793$>,
    > > "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Don't get Luigi confused with XHTML, he is dangerous enough in HTML

    > > No truer words were ever spoken...

    > Do you like footboll?

    Sorry, I meant soccer.

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    кто ÑлÑÑ‰Ð°Ñ ÐºÑ€Ð°Ñавица?

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Jun 30, 2006
  9. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Els Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >>
    >> "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet

    >>> No truer words were ever spoken...

    >> Do you like footboll?

    > Sorry, I meant soccer.

    You think Italy will win Tuesday?

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/

    Now playing: Daniela Mercury - O Canto Da Cidade

    Els, Jul 1, 2006
  10. "Els" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    > > "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > >>
    > >> "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > >> Do you like footboll?

    > > Sorry, I meant soccer.

    > You think Italy will win Tuesday?

    Yes. I think that Italy will win both the semifinal and the final....

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    кто ÑлÑÑ‰Ð°Ñ ÐºÑ€Ð°Ñавица?

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Jul 1, 2006
  11. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Els Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > "Els" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> skrev i meddelandet

    >>> Sorry, I meant soccer.

    >> You think Italy will win Tuesday?

    > Yes. I think that Italy will win both the semifinal and the final....

    And who do you think they'll be up against in the finals?

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/

    Now playing: INXS - Suicide Blonde

    Els, Jul 1, 2006
  12. "Els" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    > > "Els" <> skrev i meddelandet

    meddelandet

    HTML

    > >> You think Italy will win Tuesday?

    > > Yes. I think that Italy will win both the semifinal and the final....

    > And who do you think they'll be up against in the finals?

    Brazil.

    --
    Luigi Donatello Asero
    кто ÑлÑÑ‰Ð°Ñ ÐºÑ€Ð°Ñавица?

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Jul 1, 2006
  13. Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >> In article <2dbe3$44a56863$40cba793$>,
    >> "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Don't get Luigi confused with XHTML, he is dangerous enough in HTML

    >> No truer words were ever spoken...

    > Do you like footboll?

    football? Soccer--yes, American Football--No. But what does this have
    to do with your CSS question.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Jul 1, 2006
  14. Luigi Donatello Asero

    dorayme Guest

    In article <0Zhpg.6948$>,
    "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote:

    > "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > In article <2dbe3$44a56863$40cba793$>,
    > > "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Don't get Luigi confused with XHTML, he is dangerous enough in HTML

    > > No truer words were ever spoken...

    > Do you like footboll?

    It is a difficult thing to say truly.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jul 1, 2006
  15. Luigi Donatello Asero

    dorayme Guest

    In article <9a2ae$44a5ae83$40cba7b5$>,
    "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:

    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > > "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > >> No truer words were ever spoken...

    > > Do you like footboll?
    > >

    > football? Soccer--yes, American Football--No. But what does this have
    > to do with your CSS question.

    Could you elaborate on this please...

    Eliza

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jul 1, 2006
  16. Luigi Donatello Asero

    dorayme Guest

    In article <M8ipg.6954$>,

    > HTML

    > > > Yes. I think that Italy will win both the semifinal and the final....

    > > And who do you think they'll be up against in the finals?

    > Brazil.

    It is all very well this light talk... but there IS A HEAVY
    question that seems to escape your conscience... the cheating
    dirty rotten low as mongrel way you robbed poor new Australia by
    that goal...

    er.. sorry... just a moment of blind rage...

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jul 1, 2006
  17. dorayme wrote:
    > In article <9a2ae$44a5ae83$40cba7b5$>,
    > "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >>> "dorayme" <> skrev i meddelandet

    >>> Do you like footboll?
    >>>

    >> football? Soccer--yes, American Football--No. But what does this have
    >> to do with your CSS question.

    > Could you elaborate on this please...
    >
    > Eliza

    Ducks are ineffective at removing grass stains.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------

    Jonathan N. Little, Jul 1, 2006
  18. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, "Jonathan N. Little"
    <> vouchsafed:

    >>> football? Soccer--yes, American Football--No. But what does this have
    >>> to do with your CSS question.

    >> Could you elaborate on this please...
    >>
    >> Eliza
    >>

    > Ducks are ineffective at removing grass stains.

    Maybe, but they're good for other malardies.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.

    Neredbojias, Jul 1, 2006
  19. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, "Luigi Donatello Asero"
    <> vouchsafed:

    > Hello,
    > How do I write ul class and id in an external style sheet?
    > Are the forms
    > #domaener.subsubsection ul {
    > }
    > and
    > <ul class="subsubsection" id="domaener">
    > both accepted
    > or perhaps wrong?

    The last part is okay but you should do something like this:

    #domaener { font-size:5500px; }
    ul .subsubsection { color:chartreuse;background:vermillion; }

    in the stylesheet.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.

    Neredbojias, Jul 1, 2006
  20. Luigi Donatello Asero

    dorayme Guest

    In article <2cc3c$44a5dfd7$40cba7b7$>,
    "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:

    > > Could you elaborate on this please...
    > >
    > > Eliza
    > >

    > Ducks are ineffective at removing grass stains.

    You talk of ducks and grass, ducks are efficient in water, grass
    is liked by cows.

    Eliza

    --
    dorayme