    line rather than just where there is text?
    As well as getting the wrapped text to display only to the right of the
    button, not under it.
    richard, Nov 30, 2009

  2. richard

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 12:03:34 -0700, richard wrote:

    > http://www.1littleworld.net/code/z1.php
    >
    > How can I get the yellow highlight part to show the remaining width of the
    > line rather than just where there is text?
    > As well as getting the wrapped text to display only to the right of the
    > button, not under it.

    With the latest version up, firefox 3.5 totally screws up the display.
    Opera 9.6 is a little better but shows some <li> overlapping.
    IE 7 gets it right.
    I'm considering using tables as the browsers seem to know how to handle
    them.
    richard, Nov 30, 2009

  3. richard

    dorayme Guest

    In article <hlwt1ta32e82$.jvt4xyuiwhc1$>,
    richard <> wrote:

    > http://www.1littleworld.net/code/z1.php
    >
    > How can I get the yellow highlight part to show the remaining width of the
    > line rather than just where there is text?
    > As well as getting the wrapped text to display only to the right of the
    > button, not under it.

    <http://dorayme.890m.com/justPics/richards.png>

    What quite is the question in the light of what actually happens?

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Nov 30, 2009
  4. richard

    dorayme Guest

    In article <d10l8tix52sz$.1ageidu1kpan$>,
    richard <> wrote:

    > On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 12:03:34 -0700, richard wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.1littleworld.net/code/z1.php
    > >
    > > How can I get the yellow highlight part to show the remaining width of the
    > > line rather than just where there is text?
    > > As well as getting the wrapped text to display only to the right of the
    > > button, not under it.

    > With the latest version up, firefox 3.5 totally screws up the display.
    > Opera 9.6 is a little better but shows some <li> overlapping.
    > IE 7 gets it right.
    > I'm considering using tables as the browsers seem to know how to handle
    > them.

    I think you better do this.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Nov 30, 2009
  5. richard

    Terence Guest

    On Dec 1, 6:03 am, richard <> wrote:
    > http://www.1littleworld.net/code/z1.php
    >
    > How can I get the yellow highlight part to show the remaining width of the
    > line rather than just where there is text?
    > As well as getting the wrapped text to display only to the right of the
    > button, not under it.

    I'm using Opera 9.63 and don't see any problem with your indicated
    page.
    Since this format is used throughout market research forms, I'm
    surprised I haven't heard of any such problems.
    Maybe there is another way to code it.
    Terence, Dec 1, 2009