UML and java

Dan Weber

I am drawing some class diagrams in UML for a project I'm about to work
on. What I really need is a way to import existing java apis and pull
them on the class diagram to show how things work with each other
without having to rewrite all the classes. Does anybody know of a
tool?

DWeb

Rhino

Dan Weber said:
I am drawing some class diagrams in UML for a project I'm about to work
on. What I really need is a way to import existing java apis and pull
them on the class diagram to show how things work with each other
without having to rewrite all the classes. Does anybody know of a
tool?

DWeb

Eclipse has a UML plugin but I don't know if it can do what you want. Try
looking at the documentation at eclipse.org. It's called UML2.

Rhino

Dan Weber

Rhino said:
Eclipse has a UML plugin but I don't know if it can do what you want. Try
looking at the documentation at eclipse.org. It's called UML2.
The documentation says nothing about what I want to do. :(

Joerg Simon

Dan Weber wrote:
[snip]
What I really need is a way to import existing java apis and pull
them on the class diagram to show how things work with each other
without having to rewrite all the classes. Does anybody know of a
tool?
[snip]

Hm, I am not shure for all classes, but at least some of them are
useable within Poseidon for UML.
You can get it at www.gentleware.com/

depending on what you need there is a free community edition. We used it
at a university course, and my advice is that you have a lot of ram if
you use the ce edition.

However it is quite a good UML tool...

MfG,
Jörg Simon

----
||oerg (das ist ein j!)
\|| Simon ICQ: 49154322
\| email: (e-mail address removed)

Student of Software Engineering and Knowledge Management,
University of Technology Graz, Austria

blank

Dan Weber wrote:
[snip]
What I really need is a way to import existing java apis and pull
them on the class diagram to show how things work with each other
without having to rewrite all the classes. Does anybody know of a
tool?
[snip]

Rational Rose can do reverse engineering on the Java source code.

Simon OUALID

Maybe you should try this Omondo's plugin... The free version handle
reverse engineering on "non shared project" : http://www.omondo.com/

Symon
[snip]