    Peter

    --

    fiddlewidawiddum
    Stimp, Jun 22, 2007

  2. On Jun 22, 3:26 am, Stimp <> wrote:
    > I am running Visual Studio 2003 and while opening ANY of my ASP.NET 1.1
    > projects I get the following error appearing in an alert box:
    >
    > "Unable to retrieve folder information from the server"
    >
    > None of the files for the project open in the solution explorer.
    >
    > Has anyone ever experienced this, or know of a solution?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Peter
    >
    > --
    >
    > fiddlewidawiddum

    try this
    http://robz.homedns.org:8080/blog/archive/2004/11/05/187.aspx
    Alexey Smirnov, Jun 22, 2007

  3. Stimp

    Stimp Guest

    On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 Alexey Smirnov <> wrote:
    > On Jun 22, 3:26 am, Stimp <> wrote:
    >> I am running Visual Studio 2003 and while opening ANY of my ASP.NET 1.1
    >> projects I get the following error appearing in an alert box:
    >>
    >> "Unable to retrieve folder information from the server"
    >>
    >> None of the files for the project open in the solution explorer.
    >>
    >> Has anyone ever experienced this, or know of a solution?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Peter

    > try this
    > http://robz.homedns.org:8080/blog/archive/2004/11/05/187.aspx

    thanks, but deleting VSWebCache exacerbated the problem when I tried it
    before (I found that link earlier)

    The original problem was that I got the error on ONE project.

    Then I deleted VSWebCache (which incidentally has been recreated fine by
    VS since)

    Then I couldn't open any projects?!?
    --

    fiddlewidawiddum
    Stimp, Jun 22, 2007
  4. Stimp

    Stimp Guest

    On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 Stimp <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 Alexey Smirnov <> wrote:
    >> On Jun 22, 3:26 am, Stimp <> wrote:
    >>> I am running Visual Studio 2003 and while opening ANY of my ASP.NET 1.1
    >>> projects I get the following error appearing in an alert box:
    >>>
    >>> "Unable to retrieve folder information from the server"
    >>>
    >>> None of the files for the project open in the solution explorer.
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone ever experienced this, or know of a solution?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Peter

    >> try this
    >> http://robz.homedns.org:8080/blog/archive/2004/11/05/187.aspx

    > thanks, but deleting VSWebCache exacerbated the problem when I tried it
    > before (I found that link earlier)
    >
    > The original problem was that I got the error on ONE project.
    >
    > Then I deleted VSWebCache (which incidentally has been recreated fine by
    > VS since)
    >
    > Then I couldn't open any projects?!?

    I finally found the solution.

    I have to uninstall Tortoise SVN ... doh!

    --

    fiddlewidawiddum
    Stimp, Jun 22, 2007
  5. RE: Unable to retrieve folder information from theserver - Stimp

    You don't have to. I had the same problem and it took me a full day to figure it out. As of version 1.4.8 (maybe earlier I don't know, but I used this particular version) right click in a random folder
    -> TortoiseSVN -> Settings. Now in the "general" section you can check the option "use "_svn" instead of ".svn" directories". Doing this magically solved my problem. This will only apply to the next projects that you will check out, not to the existing ones. I.e.: It will not convert the existing ".svn" folders to "_svn".
    When you click on OK it asks you to reboot the system. Don't ask me why, just do it :p.

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/default.aspx?ref=ng
    Riccardo Corradin, Jan 20, 2009
  6. The solution is perfect. It was happening due to the .svn extension. Changed the option from the setting of Tortoise SVN. Got it working. Thanks a ton.

    Anubhav Bajpai, Aug 21, 2010