Unable to retrieve the user sid from context.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by ipramod@gmail.com, Aug 27, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hi,

    I have a code snippet C# when executed gives the following exception
    on IE.

    ___________________________________________________________________
    Unable to retrieve the user sid from context. This is typically caused
    by the context not yet being set.

    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of
    the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more
    information about the error and where it originated in the code.

    Exception Details: System.Exception: Unable to retrieve the user sid
    from context. This is typically caused by the context not yet being
    set.
    _____________________________________________________________________

    Why this exception is raised?

    Thanks in adv.,
    PI
    , Aug 27, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Steve Guest

    Can you please post the code snippet, and give any details about how
    your authentication is configured?


    Steve C.
    MCSD,MCAD,MCSE,MCP+I,CNE,CNA,CCNA


    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a code snippet C# when executed gives the following exception
    > on IE.
    >
    > ___________________________________________________________________
    > Unable to retrieve the user sid from context. This is typically caused
    > by the context not yet being set.
    >
    > Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of
    > the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more
    > information about the error and where it originated in the code.
    >
    > Exception Details: System.Exception: Unable to retrieve the user sid
    > from context. This is typically caused by the context not yet being
    > set.
    > _____________________________________________________________________
    >
    > Why this exception is raised?
    >
    > Thanks in adv.,
    > PI
    >
    Steve, Aug 27, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Guest

    I am using a third party control and I have created a simple web
    application. I dont have any new code which is used for security
    purpose.

    Regards.
    PI


    On Aug 27, 7:04 pm, Steve <> wrote:
    > Can you please post the code snippet, and give any details about how
    > your authentication is configured?
    >
    > Steve C.
    > MCSD,MCAD,MCSE,MCP+I,CNE,CNA,CCNA
    >
    >
    >
    > wrote:
    > > Hi,

    >
    > > I have a code snippet C# when executed gives the following exception
    > > on IE.

    >
    > > ___________________________________________________________________
    > > Unable to retrieve the user sid from context. This is typically caused
    > > by the context not yet being set.

    >
    > > Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of
    > > the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more
    > > information about the error and where it originated in the code.

    >
    > > Exception Details: System.Exception: Unable to retrieve the user sid
    > > from context. This is typically caused by the context not yet being
    > > set.
    > > _____________________________________________________________________

    >
    > > Why this exception is raised?

    >
    > > Thanks in adv.,
    > > PI- Hide quoted text -

    >
    > - Show quoted text -
    , Aug 27, 2007
    #3
  4. Steve Guest

    It sounds like the user isn't authenticated in any way before the sid
    check is made. If the 3rd party control is causing this error, it may be
    that Windows authentication is needed, or that *some* authentication is
    expected before this control runs. I would contact the control's author
    for support.


    Steve C.
    MCSD,MCAD,MCSE,MCP+I,CNE,CNA,CCNA


    wrote:
    > I am using a third party control and I have created a simple web
    > application. I dont have any new code which is used for security
    > purpose.
    >
    > Regards.
    > PI
    >
    >
    > On Aug 27, 7:04 pm, Steve <> wrote:
    >> Can you please post the code snippet, and give any details about how
    >> your authentication is configured?
    >>
    >> Steve C.
    >> MCSD,MCAD,MCSE,MCP+I,CNE,CNA,CCNA
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I have a code snippet C# when executed gives the following exception
    >>> on IE.
    >>> ___________________________________________________________________
    >>> Unable to retrieve the user sid from context. This is typically caused
    >>> by the context not yet being set.
    >>> Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of
    >>> the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more
    >>> information about the error and where it originated in the code.
    >>> Exception Details: System.Exception: Unable to retrieve the user sid
    >>> from context. This is typically caused by the context not yet being
    >>> set.
    >>> _____________________________________________________________________
    >>> Why this exception is raised?
    >>> Thanks in adv.,
    >>> PI- Hide quoted text -

    >> - Show quoted text -

    >
    >
    Steve, Aug 27, 2007
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Isky

    Can convert group SID to name

    Isky, Dec 1, 2005, in forum: ASP .Net
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,665
  2. picayunish

    OT: for Sid

    picayunish, Dec 13, 2003, in forum: HTML
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    431
    picayunish
    Dec 13, 2003
  3. Nospam
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    609
    Brian Wakem
    May 31, 2006
  4. asd
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    432
    www.pulpjava.com
    Nov 9, 2006
  5. Replies:
    1
    Views:
    141
    Dominick Baier
    Aug 28, 2007
Loading...

Share This Page