Unable to view ASP .NET page due to proxy server and firewall

Guest

Hi,

Some of my clients site is unable to view the ASP .NET page due to the
proxy server and firewall or perhaps IE setting etc, I m not sure what is the
actual cause of the problem, it display "Page Not found" or "Action Canceled"
error msg on IE. They are using IE6

In some of my aspx.vb I have written response.redirect and some
response.write some javascript to be execute during runtime, will this
causing the problem?

Really appreciate anyone could this because I need to solve this problem
urgently.

Robbe Morris [C# MVP]

I'm not exactly sure how your code works but the problem could
like be that they are running their outgoing traffic through
their own proxy server farms. This would cause intermittent
lose of session even if you are using session affinity.

If you route to certain pages based on session, this may
be the issue.

Read more about this problem:

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/articles/scaleout_server.asp

--
2004 and 2005 Microsoft MVP C#
Robbe Morris

Earn $$$ money answering .NET Framework
messageboard posts at EggHeadCafe.com.
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/forums/merit.asp

Guest

Hi Robbe,

Thank you for your reply. I have written the code in my aspx.vb where I
have a group of menu buttons, when they click the button the system will goto
page load events and the page load event will has below code and then goto
other page:
If Request.QueryString("ImageID") <> "" Then
Dim ImageID As String = Request.QueryString("ImageID")
Dim str As String = "<script language=""javascript"">" & vbCrLf
If SessionInfo.Culture = "en-GB" Or SessionInfo.Culture = "" Then
str = str & "var tPath = ""../Images/tab_button/"";" & vbCrLf
Else
str = str & "var tPath = """ & "../Images/tab_button/" &
SessionInfo.Culture & "/"";" & vbCrLf
End If
str = str & "var toActivate = tPath + """ & ImageID & """+
""_active.gif"";" & vbCrLf
str = str & "var source = document.getElementById(""" & ImageID
& """);" & vbCrLf
str = str & "source.src = toActivate ;" & vbCrLf
str = str & "</Script>"
ltrImageChange.Text = str
End If
'Added By Deb
If Not Request.Form("href") = "" Then
Dim ImageID = Request.Form("ImageID")
If Save_Click() = True Then
Response.Write("<script language=""javascript"">" & vbCrLf)
Response.Write("window.open(""" & Trim(Request.Form("href"))
& "?ImageID=" & ImageID & """,'main')")
Response.Write("</Script>")
End If
End If
Session("EstPage") = "Own"

I m not sure what you mean of route to certain page based on session?
Anyway,I do have session object to keep some common information.