Unhandled Error c00000fd

Lawrie

hi all
have started getting the above error when debugging
the section of code that causes this is driving me crazy as i have
used this on other occassions with no runtime errors. May be i am
looking to hard.

affected code snippet (where categoryTable is a typedef map<string ,
int>)

mapItems(categoryTable&m, string recordCategory)
{
m[recordCategory] ++;
}

This function is called via a function which contains only a
for_each algorithm which in turn calls a functor of type operator ()
(Category* ptr)
where Category is the Class.
This functor then calls the mapItems function above via
mapItems(cTable, category); // cTable being an object of
categoryTable

The Category class only contains 16 objects with only 1 data field

I have previously used this code where the class contains many
thousands of objects
with many data fields and member functions and havent had this problem
before.

The app completes all of its routines and at exit throws up window
with the above unhandled exception.

Programming on XP with Codewarrior V7.02

Hope someone can help

Lawrie

Victor Bazarov

Lawrie said:
hi all
have started getting the above error when debugging
the section of code [...]

Unhandled exceptions are usually produced by run-time libraries.
Surround the code where it happens with a try-catch clauses and
examine the exception when you catch it:

try {
<your code>
}
catch(std::exception &e) {
<do something about 'e'>
}

For more about exceptions see your favourite C++ book.

Victor