    getting 'perl:relocation error' all over the place. Any idea how I
    restore this or uninstall it and get my server back to normal?

    Thanks.

    Tracey, Feb 15, 2007

  2. >>>>> "Tracey" == Tracey <> writes:

    Tracey> I force installed DBD::mysql when I shouldn't have and have broken
    Tracey> just about everything I had running on this particular server. I'm
    Tracey> getting 'perl:relocation error' all over the place. Any idea how I
    Tracey> restore this or uninstall it and get my server back to normal?

    The CPAN and CPANPLUS installers are just that... installers. They are not
    package managers, although they have a bit of dependency-chasing built in.
    (And they can never be package managers, because they don't care if two
    different CPAN distros both write to the same file.)

    Your only safe bet is to roll back via some other mechanism, like a backup
    archive.

    print "Just another Perl hacker,";

    Randal L. Schwartz, Feb 15, 2007

  3. Tracey

    Bart Lateur Guest

    Tracey wrote:

    >I force installed DBD::mysql when I shouldn't have and have broken
    >just about everything I had running on this particular server. I'm
    >getting 'perl:relocation error' all over the place. Any idea how I
    >restore this or uninstall it and get my server back to normal?

    You may try to partially install it again, at least, make it. That way
    you can see what files are added, and then, delete them manually.

    But of course, that won't restore the files you accidently overwrite.
    Your best option, in that case, is to install an older version of the
    DBD::mysql module, but this time, do it properly. Well, unless you
    happend to have a backup archive ready...

    --
    Bart.

    Bart Lateur, Feb 16, 2007
  4. Tracey

    gf Guest

    On Feb 15, 3:40 pm, (Randal L. Schwartz) wrote:

    > Your only safe bet is to roll back via some other mechanism, like a backup
    > archive.

    That makes me think that cpan's autobundle command might come in
    handy.

    (That's cpan the app, not CPAN the site.)

    gf, Feb 16, 2007
  5. Tracey

    Tracey Guest

    Hi guys,

    Thanks for all your replies. I can't say exactly how this was fixed,
    but my resident Linux guru fixed it very quickly and easily. It was
    something along the lines of pointing Linux back to the original Perl
    installation. Wish I could be more descriptive, but I did want to let
    you know the problem is solved.

    Tracey

    Tracey, Feb 28, 2007