    Does anyone know if it exists for windows? Can I only use it on linux?

    unistd.h is a library for process control and has functions like pipe and fork.
    Thanks

    Samuel, Sep 10, 2004

  2. Samuel

    Moonlit Guest

    Hi,

    I don't believe it exists on MS-Windows however windows does have a lot of
    unix like functions like _pipe, _popen connect etc.

    These functions are contained in io.h dosio.h etc.

    I don't believe fork exists however MS-Windows has a similar function to
    create processes ( CreateProcess ).

    Regards, Ron AF Greve

    Moonlit, Sep 10, 2004

  3. Samuel

    Tom Widmer Guest

    On 10 Sep 2004 07:33:23 -0700, (Samuel) wrote:

    >Does anyone know if it exists for windows? Can I only use it on linux?
    >
    >unistd.h is a library for process control and has functions like pipe and fork.

    I believe you get that with cygwin: http://www.cygwin.com/

    Alternatively, you can manually port the code to Win32 (which has
    pipes, but you'll have to use a threading API rather than fork I
    think).

    Tom

    Tom Widmer, Sep 10, 2004