<unistd.h> for windows platform

Samuel

Does anyone know if it exists for windows? Can I only use it on linux?

unistd.h is a library for process control and has functions like pipe and fork.
Thanks

Moonlit

Hi,

I don't believe it exists on MS-Windows however windows does have a lot of
unix like functions like _pipe, _popen connect etc.

These functions are contained in io.h dosio.h etc.

I don't believe fork exists however MS-Windows has a similar function to
create processes ( CreateProcess ).

Regards, Ron AF Greve

Tom Widmer

Does anyone know if it exists for windows? Can I only use it on linux?

unistd.h is a library for process control and has functions like pipe and fork.

I believe you get that with cygwin: http://www.cygwin.com/

Alternatively, you can manually port the code to Win32 (which has
pipes, but you'll have to use a threading API rather than fork I
think).

Tom