    concept, how many of you have popup blockers installed? How many of you do
    not?

    --Tina
    Tina - AffordableHOST.com, Feb 2, 2004

  2. Tina - AffordableHOST.com

    kayodeok Guest

    "Tina - AffordableHOST.com" <> wrote in
    news::

    > Just wondering, because I'm having an argument with a friend
    > over a design concept, how many of you have popup blockers
    > installed? How many of you do not?

    There is no need for pop-up blockers if you use
    Firebird/Mozilla/Opera.

    However, for the rare moment I use IE, I have the Google Toolbar
    installed which prevents pop ups.

    --
    Kayode Okeyode
    http://www.kayodeok.co.uk/weblog/
    kayodeok, Feb 2, 2004

  3. Tina - AffordableHOST.com

    m Guest

    Tina - AffordableHOST.com wrote:

    > Just wondering, because I'm having an argument with a friend over a design
    > concept, how many of you have popup blockers installed? How many of you
    > do not?
    >
    > --Tina

    Popups can be turned off with so many browsers, without installing
    a seperate blocker, that you may want to modify the wording of your
    question?
    --
    cheers m
    m, Feb 2, 2004
  4. Tina - AffordableHOST.com

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 18:14:35 -0500, "Tina - AffordableHOST.com"
    <> declared in alt.html:

    > Just wondering, because I'm having an argument with a friend over a design
    > concept, how many of you have popup blockers installed? How many of you do
    > not?

    I use Mozilla with all popup blocking options enabled.

    No popups for me! :)

    BTW: Ask Duende, I'm sure he'll do a proper poll for you. ;-)

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Feb 2, 2004
  5. Tina - AffordableHOST.com

    DT Guest

    , Once upon a time in a land far away Tina - AffordableHOST.com was
    alleged to have said:

    > Just wondering, because I'm having an argument with a friend over a design
    > concept, how many of you have popup blockers installed? How many of you do
    > not?
    >
    > --Tina

    I use mozilla exclusively with it's built in popup blocker. My wife who
    insist on IE uses a popup blocker. Apparently Win XP sp2 will update IE
    to inclued built in popup blocking....so I would imagine the days of
    popup ads are numbered.
    --

    Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.
    DT, Feb 2, 2004
  6. "Mark Parnell" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 18:14:35 -0500, "Tina - AffordableHOST.com"
    > <> declared in alt.html:
    >
    > > Just wondering, because I'm having an argument with a friend over a

    design
    > > concept, how many of you have popup blockers installed? How many of you

    do
    > > not?

    > I use Mozilla with all popup blocking options enabled.
    >
    > No popups for me! :)
    >
    > BTW: Ask Duende, I'm sure he'll do a proper poll for you. ;-)

    Yeah, but somehow I get the feeling he would somehow work the word
    "mudwrestling" into the poll. :p"

    --Tina
    Tina - AffordableHOST.com, Feb 2, 2004
  7. Tina - AffordableHOST.com

    rf Guest

    "Tina - AffordableHOST.com" <> wrote in message
    > Just wondering, because I'm having an argument with a friend over a design
    > concept, how many of you have popup blockers installed? How many of you

    do
    > not?

    All popups blocked in all browsers on all computers (popup-stopper).

    If I really *must* see the content of a new page that an author insists on
    throwing at me then I will lean on CTRL while clicking the link, muttering
    all the while about the arrogance of certain authors who assume they know
    better than I how I want to drive my browser.

    An unsolicited popup advertisement I will never see.

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Feb 2, 2004
  8. On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 18:14:35 -0500, "Tina - AffordableHOST.com"
    <> wrote:

    >Just wondering, because I'm having an argument with a friend over a design
    >concept, how many of you have popup blockers installed? How many of you do
    >not?

    I use Mozilla, set to reject popups.

    I saw an advert on TV the other day for AOL, touting the
    popup-blocking ability of the new version. You can tell your friend
    that popup-blocking awareness has now reached the masses.

    Nick

    --
    Nick Theodorakis

    nicholas_theodorakis [at] urmc [dot] rochester [dot] edu
    Nick Theodorakis, Feb 3, 2004
  9. Tina - AffordableHOST.com

    Craig Guest

    If it's a window that pops up when you click on a link (ie, doesn't load
    automatically, and isn't an ad) then it should be okay. I use Mozilla
    Firebird so I know this method would work for me, but unsolicited popups
    will never see the light of day.

    Craig, Feb 3, 2004
  10. Tina - AffordableHOST.com

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Just wondering, because I'm having an argument with a friend over a design
    > concept, how many of you have popup blockers installed? How many of you do
    > not?

    I block them with Google bar on IE

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Feb 3, 2004
  11. Tina - AffordableHOST.com

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Just wondering, because I'm having an argument with a friend over a design
    > concept, how many of you have popup blockers installed? How many of you do
    > not?

    Just a note, you may be asking the wrong people. This group is not a
    mirror of the general public and how they browse.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Feb 3, 2004
  12. "Whitecrest" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > > Just wondering, because I'm having an argument with a friend over a

    design
    > > concept, how many of you have popup blockers installed? How many of you

    do
    > > not?

    > Just a note, you may be asking the wrong people. This group is not a
    > mirror of the general public and how they browse.

    Yeah, I posted this question in alt.www.webmaster as well. Someone brought
    up the same point. I think though, as someone else mentioned, even AOL is
    pushing a popup blocker on their customers...so, I'm pretty sure popups
    (apart from being almost as annoying as spam and virus warning hoaxes) are
    going to be completely useless, in the very near future.

    --Tina
    --
    http://www.AffordableHOST.com
    20% Discount Code: newsgroup
    Tina - AffordableHOST.com, Feb 3, 2004
  13. Tina - AffordableHOST.com wrote:

    > Just wondering, because I'm having an argument with a friend over a design
    > concept, how many of you have popup blockers installed? How many of you do
    > not?

    Blocked.

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 4892F
    Happily slrning again.
    Blinky the Shark, Feb 3, 2004
  14. Tina - AffordableHOST.com

    mscir Guest

    I block almost every site popups with Netscape 7.1, what a relief!

    mscir, Feb 3, 2004
  15. Tina - AffordableHOST.com

    Richard Guest

    Tina - AffordableHOST.com wrote:

    > Just wondering, because I'm having an argument with a friend over a
    > design concept, how many of you have popup blockers installed? How many
    > of you do not?

    > --Tina

    I use IE 6 with the crazy browser plug in. No popups.
    Why should I be forced to close out 10 or more windows just because some
    jerk demands I see that shit?
    I don't mind it so much if it's related to the same website.
    Richard, Feb 3, 2004
  16. Tina - AffordableHOST.com

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Tina - AffordableHOST.com scribbled in the
    mud:

    > "Mark Parnell" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 18:14:35 -0500, "Tina - AffordableHOST.com"
    >> <> declared in alt.html:
    >>
    >> > Just wondering, because I'm having an argument with a friend over a

    > design
    >> > concept, how many of you have popup blockers installed? How many
    >> > of you

    > do
    >> > not?

    >> I use Mozilla with all popup blocking options enabled.
    >>
    >> No popups for me! :)
    >>
    >> BTW: Ask Duende, I'm sure he'll do a proper poll for you. ;-)

    > Yeah, but somehow I get the feeling he would somehow work the word
    > "mudwrestling" into the poll. :p"

    Already did one.
    http://wipkip.biz/polls/poll_15.php

    --
    Duende
    Duende, Feb 3, 2004
  17. Tina - AffordableHOST.com

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle Tina - AffordableHOST.com scribbled in the
    mud:

    > "Mark Parnell" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 18:14:35 -0500, "Tina - AffordableHOST.com"
    >> <> declared in alt.html:
    >>
    >> > Just wondering, because I'm having an argument with a friend over a

    > design
    >> > concept, how many of you have popup blockers installed? How many
    >> > of you

    > do
    >> > not?

    >> I use Mozilla with all popup blocking options enabled.
    >>
    >> No popups for me! :)
    >>
    >> BTW: Ask Duende, I'm sure he'll do a proper poll for you. ;-)

    > Yeah, but somehow I get the feeling he would somehow work the word
    > "mudwrestling" into the poll. :p"

    Not me, but William would.

    --
    Duende
    Duende, Feb 3, 2004
  18. Tina - AffordableHOST.com

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > > Just a note, you may be asking the wrong people. This group is not a
    > > mirror of the general public and how they browse.

    > Yeah, I posted this question in alt.www.webmaster as well. Someone brought
    > up the same point. I think though, as someone else mentioned, even AOL is
    > pushing a popup blocker on their customers...

    Even so, people distinguish between popups from a site (additional
    information, pictures, what ever) and an un requested popup ad.

    Just throwing some more into the mix for you.
    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Feb 3, 2004
  19. Tina - AffordableHOST.com wrote:

    > Just wondering, because I'm having an argument with a friend over a design
    > concept, how many of you have popup blockers installed? How many of you do
    > not?

    I have Opera set to open only "requested" pop-up windows. I have the same
    on my computer at work and my girlfriend (not a particularly technical
    user) also the same.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Feb 3, 2004
  20. Duende wrote:
    > While sitting in a puddle Tina - AffordableHOST.com scribbled in the
    > mud:
    >
    >> "Mark Parnell" <> wrote in message

    >>> BTW: Ask Duende, I'm sure he'll do a proper poll for you. ;-)

    >> Yeah, but somehow I get the feeling he would somehow work the word
    >> "mudwrestling" into the poll. :p"

    poll wrestling?

    > Not me, but William would.

    ok - Done ;o)