    I use HttpContext.Current.Request.UserHostAddress to get the ip address, the
    ip column in the database has datatype varchar(15).

    any idea what's wrong here? should it be nvarchar(15) instead?

    Anton, Oct 2, 2009

  2. Anton

    Anton Guest

    Hi Mark!

    I tryed what you suggested in that article, but it didn't solve the problem.

    This is an example of ip I see in the table: '', that was suppose
    to be an ip, but is totally unreadable - atleast it is for me
    The column in the table storing the ip is of format varchar(15). I wonder if
    that may have something to do with the error, maybe it should have nvarchar
    instead ?

    Anton, Oct 7, 2009