    What can I do for that?

    I also want to throw exception, if the user manually changes it!

    -surajIT

    Surajit Laha, May 4, 2004

  2. Surajit Laha

    avnrao Guest

    you can encrypt the query string value and append the crypted value to the
    URL.
    you can use global.asax methods to decrypt it and redirect to the required
    page with proper URL.

    Av.

    avnrao, May 4, 2004

  3. Could you please suggest some encryption methodology

    A sample script block would really be helpful

    regards

    =?Utf-8?B?U3VyYWppdCBMYWhh?=, May 4, 2004
  4. Surajit Laha

    avnrao Guest

    check this thread.. it has code to encrypt query string.

    avnrao, May 4, 2004
  5. Surajit Laha

    David Jessee Guest

    I've run into this problem a lot and I've gotten to the point that I dont
    use querystrings for passing key values anymore, unless I have to pass them
    outside of a given AppDomain.

    There might be other options you might want to look at as well. For
    Example:
    (1) You can set a session variable for the value you're wanting to pass, so
    the user never sees it.
    (2) You can implement a property in the FirstPage called, Let's say
    SelectedItem, and then do a Server.Transfer to the second page. On the
    second page, you can access the value need by saying:
    ctype(Context.Handler,FirstPage).SelectedItem

    With both of these, you dont have to worry about the user modifying the
    querystring because there isn't one.

    David Jessee, May 4, 2004