Unreadable QueryString

Surajit Laha

Hi,

I want to encrypt my query string values when I pass it to the next page.

What can I do for that?

I also want to throw exception, if the user manually changes it!

-surajIT

avnrao

you can encrypt the query string value and append the crypted value to the
URL.
you can use global.asax methods to decrypt it and redirect to the required
page with proper URL.

Av.

Guest

Could you please suggest some encryption methodology

A sample script block would really be helpful

regards

David Jessee

I've run into this problem a lot and I've gotten to the point that I dont
use querystrings for passing key values anymore, unless I have to pass them
outside of a given AppDomain.

There might be other options you might want to look at as well. For
Example:
(1) You can set a session variable for the value you're wanting to pass, so
the user never sees it.
(2) You can implement a property in the FirstPage called, Let's say
SelectedItem, and then do a Server.Transfer to the second page. On the
second page, you can access the value need by saying:
ctype(Context.Handler,FirstPage).SelectedItem

With both of these, you dont have to worry about the user modifying the
querystring because there isn't one.