Unselect one listbox when second is selected

rbr

I have two listboxes on an asp.net web control (ascx). I want them to
act non-mutually-exclusive. In other words, if an item in one listbox
is selected, I want the other to be clear.

The problem I am solving is that I have a listbox with active job
postings and a second with inactive job postings for my employer. I
want to be able to just use one button to pull the selected job
posting. Currently, this is impossible since a posting from each
listbox may be selected.

I have tried numerous javascript options without luck. However, I am
admittedly a novice at javascript. In addition, extending the listbox
control is not an option in my environment.

Thank you in advance!

rbr

Hal Rosser

rbr said:
I have two listboxes on an asp.net web control (ascx). I want them to
act non-mutually-exclusive. In other words, if an item in one listbox
is selected, I want the other to be clear.

The problem I am solving is that I have a listbox with active job
postings and a second with inactive job postings for my employer. I
want to be able to just use one button to pull the selected job
posting. Currently, this is impossible since a posting from each
listbox may be selected.

I have tried numerous javascript options without luck. However, I am
admittedly a novice at javascript. In addition, extending the listbox
control is not an option in my environment.

since its an aspx page and (probably) a server control, you may want to use
Visual Web Developer Express and take a look at the SelectedIndexChanged
event handler for both list boxes. (probably not Javascript)