Unusual problem with Session variables in IIS6

Jacob Arthur

We are using Forms authentication in a webapp (ASP.net 1.1 VB, IIS6 on
W2003) we created to maintain information on the currently logged-in user
and their capabilities. After logging in, the user can click through a few
pages, but if they take a break (sometimes 10 seconds, sometimes it takes 2
or 3 minutes) then click again most of the time it will kick them back to
the login page. While looking at the tracing output at the bottom of the
page while logged in, it lists several items in the Session state section
(items we are creating such as UserInfo, UserRolesInfo, etc). However, once
the user is kicked back to the login page, all of those items disappear.
The session state is empty again. The session ID still stays the same, so
it is not expiring the session as such. It looks like the system is just
losing track of the data associated with the session variable. I've checked
all the typical session state timeout things, but they all look OK. Has
anyone seen anything like this or have any ideas about what could be causing
it?

Thanks,
Jacob

Guest

Wrong Group Arthur. logins not supported in ASP.net 1.1 ask the vendor of
your login code whats wrong or provide group with your complete login source
and someone will try to help.

Good Luck
DWS