Unwanted indentation

Daan

On the following page, I have trouble with some unwanted indentation.
Please look at the box "Login" at the left side of the website. It has
three lines of text, of which the last two are indented a little. I
can't figure out why this indentation occurs but I *do* want to get rid
of it! Removing the <strong>- or <a>-element from the text seems to make
the indentation disappear, but this is of course not what I want. I've
tested the site with IE6 and Firebird 0.7.

Website: http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~stolp/cpl2/index.html
Style: http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~stolp/cpl2/index_files/style.css

Can anyone help me out here? Thanks in advance.

Steve Pugh

Daan said:
On the following page, I have trouble with some unwanted indentation.
Please look at the box "Login" at the left side of the website. It has
three lines of text, of which the last two are indented a little. I
can't figure out why this indentation occurs but I *do* want to get rid
of it! Removing the <strong>- or <a>-element from the text seems to make
the indentation disappear, but this is of course not what I want. I've
tested the site with IE6 and Firebird 0.7.

Website: http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~stolp/cpl2/index.html
Style: http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~stolp/cpl2/index_files/style.css

Your styles contain:
..section * {
padding-left: 4px;
padding-right: 4px;
}

So that's 4px padding-left inside each and every element within the
..section element. In this case that means 4px padding-left inside the
Hence the extra indent.

Steve

Daan

On the following page, I have trouble with some unwanted indentation.
Your styles contain:
.section * {
padding-left: 4px;
padding-right: 4px;
}

So that's 4px padding-left inside each and every element within the
.section element. In this case that means 4px padding-left inside the
Hence the extra indent.

Thanks Steve, I've rewritten part of my stylesheet, now it works
perfectly! (Not in the on line version btw, I've just posted the site
there so you guys could check it out.)