    Can anyone help me out here? Thanks in advance.

    --
    Daan Stolp

    Daan, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Daan

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Daan" <> wrote:

    >On the following page, I have trouble with some unwanted indentation.
    >Please look at the box "Login" at the left side of the website. It has
    >three lines of text, of which the last two are indented a little. I
    >can't figure out why this indentation occurs but I *do* want to get rid
    >of it! Removing the <strong>- or <a>-element from the text seems to make
    >the indentation disappear, but this is of course not what I want. I've
    >tested the site with IE6 and Firebird 0.7.
    >
    >Website: http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~stolp/cpl2/index.html
    >Style: http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~stolp/cpl2/index_files/style.css

    Your styles contain:
    ..section * {
    padding-left: 4px;
    padding-right: 4px;
    }

    So that's 4px padding-left inside each and every element within the
    ..section element. In this case that means 4px padding-left inside the
    Hence the extra indent.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Dec 9, 2003

  3. Daan

    Daan Guest

    >> On the following page, I have trouble with some unwanted indentation.
    >> Please look at the box "Login" at the left side of the website. It
    >> has three lines of text, of which the last two are indented a
    >> little. I can't figure out why this indentation occurs but I *do*
    >> want to get rid of it! Removing the <strong>- or <a>-element from
    >> the text seems to make the indentation disappear, but this is of
    >> course not what I want. I've tested the site with IE6 and Firebird
    >> 0.7.
    >>
    >> Website: http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~stolp/cpl2/index.html
    >> Style: http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~stolp/cpl2/index_files/style.css

    > Your styles contain:
    > .section * {
    > padding-left: 4px;
    > padding-right: 4px;
    > }
    >
    > So that's 4px padding-left inside each and every element within the
    > .section element. In this case that means 4px padding-left inside the
    > Hence the extra indent.

    Thanks Steve, I've rewritten part of my stylesheet, now it works
    perfectly! (Not in the on line version btw, I've just posted the site
    there so you guys could check it out.)

    --
    Daan Stolp

    Daan, Dec 9, 2003