update datagrid

John

I have an editable datagrid and when the user clicks update how can i update
only the changed rows? Im' not using a typed dataset, so how can i update
only the changed rows to the database?

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

If you load the changes back into your dataset, they will be flagged
(internally) as changed. You can then connect to the DataAdapter, call
Update(), and only those rows will be sent to the database (new or changed).
This is part of the default behavior of ADO.NET.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think outside of the box!

John

even though i'm not using a typed dataSet and using a datalayer for all my
updates, connection to the database?

do you have an snippet I can see how this is done?