Updating ASPX pages produces errors

mpaine

I was wondering if there is a way to keep ASP.NET from error 500ing
when a file is being updated. For example, I receive this error when
copying over the file (which the site is live):

The process cannot access the file 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\test.aspx'
because it is being used by another process.

Is there a way to gracefully update a file so as to avoid this error?

Thank you,
Michael

Guest

nope .. only thing u can do is redirect to a different page
custom page whenever 500 occurs... in that page call a javascript
which after some delay reroutes you to the same page .

Hans Kesting

nope .. only thing u can do is redirect to a different page
custom page whenever 500 occurs... in that page call a javascript
which after some delay reroutes you to the same page .

Tricky: a 500 error will also occur if there is a "real" error in the
page, leading to an endless loop if you are not careful.

Hans Kesting