Updating WebPart on MasterPage

Guest

Hi All,

I have a scenario where I have a Master Page for all of my WebPages, and in
one of the pages I update a database record, after that I want to refresh
this WebPart on Master Page manually. How is this possible? The problem is on
Button Click to update record in database, first the Page_Load event will be
called and the Master Page gets refreshed, after that the actual updation
code happens. Hence the WebPart still shows the previous state.

Thanks in Advance,

Shell

Guest

The webpart on the masterpage could refresh its value in the page_prerender
event. Which comes just before the page is presented to the client.

Joined
Jun 9, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
1. Create a webpart in masterpage 2. Connect it with a webpart in content page

Hi All
i am a newbee to sharepoint. :(
I am creating a sharepoint2007 site which has got 4 pages.
Each page contains reports webparts.
I need to send parameters to reports webparts in each of these pages from a master page.
The parameters section itself is a custom webpart.
my doubts are
how do i add my custom webpart to the masterpage using webpartzone?.
Is it possible to sent values from the masterpage webpart to the content webpart?
if so can i do it as i am sending values between 2 webparts inside a page

thanks in advance