UpLib 1.7.6 available

Discussion in 'Python' started by Bill Janssen, May 15, 2009.

  1. Bill Janssen

    Bill Janssen Guest

    I've released the latest version of my UpLib personal digital library
    system.

    For those of you unfamiliar with UpLib, here's the abstract:

    The UpLib personal digital library system provides a secure
    long-term storage system, and a visually-oriented retrieval
    mechanism, for a wide variety of personal documents such as papers,
    photos, receipts, music, Web pages, books, clippings, and email. It
    is suitable for collections comprising tens of thousands of
    documents, and provides for ease of document entry and access as
    well as high levels of security and privacy. It is highly extensible
    through user scripting, and supports collaborative sharing of those
    extensions through a common extensions library.

    It's mainly written in Python -- there's a scrap of C code for page
    image zone classification, PyLucene is used for indexing and search,
    and there's a fairly extensive Java client-side library, including a
    document reader.

    Among other things, it includes my Python IMAP server, which allows an
    UpLib document repository to be used as an IMAP mail server.

    http://uplib.parc.com/

    Bill

    Bill Janssen, May 15, 2009