Uploading applet with browser

anders

I am looking on the possible to make a uploader, but ofcurse there is
som demands.
1. You should be able to browse the local maskins disk for files (like
som photo upload services)
2. The local maskin could be a Linux, OSX och Windows.
3. It could be behind a proxy

I am in the planning stage and are happy for any tips, links, points
to tutorial and "think att" stuff.

Any help, tips would be great.

Anders

Andrew Thompson

I am looking on the possible to make a uploader, but ofcurse there is
som demands.
1. You should be able to browse the local maskins disk for files (like
som photo upload services)
2. The local maskin could be a Linux, OSX och Windows.
3. It could be behind a proxy

I am in the planning stage and are happy for any tips, links, points
to tutorial and "think att" stuff.

Any help, tips would be great.

Tip. Do not use idiot words like 'som', 'maskins'
and 'och'. That way, someone may take you seriously
enough to consider your question and formulate an
answer.

Arne Vajhøj

anders said:
I am looking on the possible to make a uploader, but ofcurse there is
som demands.
1. You should be able to browse the local maskins disk for files (like
som photo upload services)

That means signed applet.
2. The local maskin could be a Linux, OSX och Windows.

No problem for an applet.
3. It could be behind a proxy

Applets should be able to do that.

Arne

Andreas Leitgeb

Lew said:
Arne, you seemed to understand the OP's post. Could you explain what a
"maskin" is?

Am I (and probably Arne) genious for being able to recognize it as
meaning "machine('s)" ?

anders

Thanks for the help,
i am sorry if i mixed text in a bad and stupid way,
Whith Machine i should have written Server.

Anders

Andrew Thompson

Thanks for the help,
i am sorry if i mixed text in a bad and stupid way,
Whith Machine i should have written Server.

OK. Given that 'maskin' actually meant 'server',
that still leaves..
- ofcurse
- som
- och
- att

I thought I might have been able to guess what
some of those meant, but now I know 'maskin' means
'server', it throws the entire meaning wide open.

As an aside, why does a file uploader require
allowing the end user to browse *files* on the server?
I can imagine the end user might have some use for
knowing what directories (on the server) exist to
be uploaded to, but why does the end user need a
file list?

It sounds as though this requirement is more along the
lines of a client-side applet that can act as an entire
'file manager' for server-side files.

A lot of this requirement will probably need to
be provided by the server, are you running a Java
enabled server?

Arne Vajhøj

Lew said:
Arne, you seemed to understand the OP's post. Could you explain what a
"maskin" is?

I read it as machine (which must mean computer in this context).

Arne

Arne Vajhøj

Andreas said:
Am I (and probably Arne) genious for being able to recognize it as
meaning "machine('s)" ?

Definitely non genius.

At least not for this ! :)

Because "machine" in Danish is "maskine".

Arne