Urgent: help needed : "Problem with double quotes"

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Ramki, Feb 10, 2004.

  1. Ramki

    Ramki Guest

    Hi,
    I want to call a PERL program from MS-DOS batch file.
    Following is just an example, the string may inturn have double quote
    or single quote.
    I can't call with arg1, arg2 etc, as the input will be dyanamic.

    My argument may be something like this "204.120.69.195" "-""-" 'xyz'
    "GET"

    Perl should receive the whole string as a single argument. I know it
    is not a perl problem, From MS-DOS how can I sent it so that perl
    program treats it as a single argument.

    Can you please tell me how I could send the whole thing as a single
    argument to the PERL program.

    If give the solution, I would be really grateful to you.

    Thanks & regards,
    Ramki

    Ramki, Feb 10, 2004

  2. Ramki

    Digitlcoup Guest

    In article <>, Ramki wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I want to call a PERL program from MS-DOS batch file.
    > Following is just an example, the string may inturn have double quote
    > or single quote.
    > I can't call with arg1, arg2 etc, as the input will be dyanamic.
    >
    > My argument may be something like this "204.120.69.195" "-""-" 'xyz'
    > "GET"
    >
    > Perl should receive the whole string as a single argument. I know it
    > is not a perl problem, From MS-DOS how can I sent it so that perl
    > program treats it as a single argument.
    >
    > Can you please tell me how I could send the whole thing as a single
    > argument to the PERL program.
    >
    > If give the solution, I would be really grateful to you.
    >
    > Thanks & regards,
    > Ramki

    Use escape characters example print("204.120.69.195 \"-\"\"-\" \'xyz\'
    \"GET\""); assuming you needed all those quotes.

    --
    Hackattack v1.1 Download: http://www.digitlcoup.org/

    Digitlcoup, Feb 10, 2004

  3. Ramki

    Digitlcoup Guest

    In article <>, Digitlcoup wrote:
    > In article <>, Ramki wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> I want to call a PERL program from MS-DOS batch file.
    >> Following is just an example, the string may inturn have double quote
    >> or single quote.
    >> I can't call with arg1, arg2 etc, as the input will be dyanamic.
    >>
    >> My argument may be something like this "204.120.69.195" "-""-" 'xyz'
    >> "GET"
    >>
    >> Perl should receive the whole string as a single argument. I know it
    >> is not a perl problem, From MS-DOS how can I sent it so that perl
    >> program treats it as a single argument.
    >>
    >> Can you please tell me how I could send the whole thing as a single
    >> argument to the PERL program.
    >>
    >> If give the solution, I would be really grateful to you.
    >>
    >> Thanks & regards,
    >> Ramki

    > Use escape characters example print("204.120.69.195 \"-\"\"-\" \'xyz\'
    > \"GET\""); assuming you needed all those quotes.

    Oh and if you are saying that you want to concatonate arguments, then
    simply ar1 . arg2 would work

    --
    Hackattack v1.1 Download: http://www.digitlcoup.org/

    Digitlcoup, Feb 10, 2004