Urgent: help needed : "Problem with double quotes"

Ramki

Hi,
I want to call a PERL program from MS-DOS batch file.
Following is just an example, the string may inturn have double quote
or single quote.
I can't call with arg1, arg2 etc, as the input will be dyanamic.

My argument may be something like this "204.120.69.195" "-""-" 'xyz'
"GET"

Perl should receive the whole string as a single argument. I know it
is not a perl problem, From MS-DOS how can I sent it so that perl
program treats it as a single argument.

Can you please tell me how I could send the whole thing as a single
argument to the PERL program.

If give the solution, I would be really grateful to you.

Thanks & regards,
Ramki

Digitlcoup

Hi,
I want to call a PERL program from MS-DOS batch file.
Following is just an example, the string may inturn have double quote
or single quote.
I can't call with arg1, arg2 etc, as the input will be dyanamic.

My argument may be something like this "204.120.69.195" "-""-" 'xyz'
"GET"

Perl should receive the whole string as a single argument. I know it
is not a perl problem, From MS-DOS how can I sent it so that perl
program treats it as a single argument.

Can you please tell me how I could send the whole thing as a single
argument to the PERL program.

If give the solution, I would be really grateful to you.

Thanks & regards,
Ramki

Use escape characters example print("204.120.69.195 \"-\"\"-\" \'xyz\'
\"GET\""); assuming you needed all those quotes.

Digitlcoup

Use escape characters example print("204.120.69.195 \"-\"\"-\" \'xyz\'
\"GET\""); assuming you needed all those quotes.

Oh and if you are saying that you want to concatonate arguments, then
simply ar1 . arg2 would work