Urgent please

Yoshitha

Hi

I want to create license protection for a web based application.
when any user logging into the application it has to check the key enterd by
the user against the database where the key along with the cpuid is stored.

the users who want to access the particular web site, they must have license
to acess for this they will be given one installer whre the key is
maintained when the
user installs that installer the key along with the cpu id will be stored in
the database.
when the installer with a particular key is installed in a system then the
same installe will not be installed in other system at that time it has to
display error massage saying that "Already installed in other system" or
some thing.
and i also want to limit the no of users having license to acces the web
site.
for eg 10 users are having the license and i want to restrict the no of
users loging into the system to 5 then only 5 users at a time can be logged
in and it deny the logging of
6th user.

Can anybody tell me how to create it. i know how to get the cpuid.

one more porblem is

when the user senda a reuest to the web page at that time i want to send the
cpu id of the system where the
client is making request.

Also please tell me about componenet class template (projects/add web
forms/component class)
I want to work on this template please suggest me with proper URLs.

Thanx in advance
Yoshitha

bradley

The only way to acquire a user's hardware id would be an ActiveX control.
Their current IP address can be found in session variables, but this is only
useful for for identification is the their IP is static. Perhaps sell the
website using a subscription model. Each user is required to login with an
id and password and billed per month, per page hit, etc. If they pass the
login to a third party, then that's their problem.

Scott Allen

It's almost impossible to tell how many users are logged into a web
site - because you might never know when they log out. You could
restrict the number of concurrent users easily - but from the sounds
of your requirements you are looking more for a Windows Forms
application than a web app.