URGENT: validationSummary to display error message in user control

Discussion in '.NET' started by dsmportal, Oct 25, 2006.

  1. dsmportal

    dsmportal

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2006
    Messages:
    I have several user controls like email, phone,ssn etc. each has it's own
    validation message in its user control already.
    When I bring all those user controls in an aspx page, I would like to
    display a summary error messages using validation summary in an aspx page,

    What I mean to ask is if in a user control, I just used "*" as a default error message,which just to mark
    the field need to be corrected, but in a summary error message, I would like
    to give more detailed error message, is it dorable?

    how to do that?

    in one of my usercontrol i have a textbox and a button and a customvalidation control, the purpose of that button is to check the value exists in the database
    for an example:

    city: ___________ [button]

    so user enter the cityname and click on the [button], if the city does not exists in the database then customvalidaiton throw an Detail error Message saying "city does not exists"

    so again, i placed user control on the .aspx

    so in otherwords how do i display a detail error message on .aspx page(i have validaiton summary there) when the user click on the UserControl[button] , make sense ?

    thanks.
    dsmportal, Oct 25, 2006