    the Web Deployment Project? If so where can I find it?

    If not, how do I have to change my deployment strategy?

    Thanks!
    Cirene, Nov 26, 2007

  2. Cirene

    Dave Bush Guest

    Not available yet. Should be soon.

    If you are still deploying 2.0 code, just run 2005 for your deployment
    project for now.

    Dave Bush, Nov 26, 2007

  3. Cirene

    Cirene Guest

    Now that I've converted it to the 2008 format I cannot reopen it in VS 2005,
    even though it's a Framework 2.0 site. Any suggestions?

    Cirene, Nov 26, 2007
  4. Cirene

    Dave Bush Guest

    Just open the deployment project, not the entire solution. The
    deployment project didn't convert.

    Posted At: Monday, November 26, 2007 4:18 PM

    Dave Bush, Nov 26, 2007
  5. Target it to the .Net Framework 2.0 from within VS 2008.

    You can target either framework from it.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Nov 26, 2007
  6. Cirene

    Dave Bush Guest

    The web deployment project doesn't work from within 2008.

    Posted At: Monday, November 26, 2007 5:38 PM

    Dave Bush, Nov 26, 2007
  7. re:
    !> The web deployment project doesn't work from within 2008.

    Maybe I should have been a bit clearer.
    I wasn't saying that you could/should use web deployment project within 2008.

    What I was trying to convey is : if you target it to the .Net Framework 2.0,
    what happens when you open it in 2005 ? Do you still have problems ?

    If you don't, you can use WDP with the 2008 2.0-targeted project from within 2005.

    Juan T. Llibre, Nov 27, 2007
  8. Cirene

    Cirene Guest

    I ended up just using VS2005 for now. I will await Web Deployment for VS
    2008. Thanks y'all...

    Cirene, Nov 27, 2007