-----Original Message-----
From: Cirene [mailto:[email protected]]
Posted At: Monday, November 26, 2007 11:02 AM
Posted To: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
Conversation: Urgent: VS2008 web deployment project available?
Subject: Urgent: VS2008 web deployment project available?

I used to use the Web Deployment Project with my VS2005 projects.

Now I've fully upgraded to VS2008. Do I have to download a new version
of
the Web Deployment Project? If so where can I find it?

If not, how do I have to change my deployment strategy?

Thanks!

Cirene

Now that I've converted it to the 2008 format I cannot reopen it in VS 2005,
even though it's a Framework 2.0 site. Any suggestions?

Dave Bush

Just open the deployment project, not the entire solution. The
deployment project didn't convert.

Posted At: Monday, November 26, 2007 4:18 PM
Posted To: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
Conversation: Urgent: VS2008 web deployment project available?

Now that I've converted it to the 2008 format I cannot reopen it in VS
2005,
even though it's a Framework 2.0 site. Any suggestions?

Juan T. Llibre

Target it to the .Net Framework 2.0 from within VS 2008.

You can target either framework from it.

Cirene said:
Now that I've converted it to the 2008 format I cannot reopen it in VS 2005, even though it's a Framework 2.0 site.
Any suggestions?

Dave Bush said:
Not available yet. Should be soon.

If you are still deploying 2.0 code, just run 2005 for your deployment
project for now.

Posted At: Monday, November 26, 2007 11:02 AM
Posted To: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
Conversation: Urgent: VS2008 web deployment project available?

I used to use the Web Deployment Project with my VS2005 projects.

Now I've fully upgraded to VS2008. Do I have to download a new version
of
the Web Deployment Project? If so where can I find it?

If not, how do I have to change my deployment strategy?

Thanks!

Dave Bush

The web deployment project doesn't work from within 2008.

Posted At: Monday, November 26, 2007 11:02 AM
Posted To: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
Conversation: Urgent: VS2008 web deployment project available?

I used to use the Web Deployment Project with my VS2005 projects.

Now I've fully upgraded to VS2008. Do I have to download a new version
of
the Web Deployment Project? If so where can I find it?

If not, how do I have to change my deployment strategy?

Thanks!

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> The web deployment project doesn't work from within 2008.

Maybe I should have been a bit clearer.
I wasn't saying that you could/should use web deployment project within 2008.

What I was trying to convey is : if you target it to the .Net Framework 2.0,
what happens when you open it in 2005 ? Do you still have problems ?

If you don't, you can use WDP with the 2008 2.0-targeted project from within 2005.

Dave Bush said:
The web deployment project doesn't work from within 2008.

Posted At: Monday, November 26, 2007 11:02 AM
Posted To: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
Conversation: Urgent: VS2008 web deployment project available?

I used to use the Web Deployment Project with my VS2005 projects.

Now I've fully upgraded to VS2008. Do I have to download a new version
of
the Web Deployment Project? If so where can I find it?

If not, how do I have to change my deployment strategy?

Thanks!

Cirene

I ended up just using VS2005 for now. I will await Web Deployment for VS
2008. Thanks y'all...

re: