URL Displays in Title Bar Text

Newsgroups

Hello All,

I have a peculiar problem that I'm sure someone out there has run into.

I've developed an ASP.NET app under WinXP that I port over to WS2003 for
production use. When I'm testing the app under WinXP the title bar displays
text that I've programmed into the app without showing the URL.

However, once I've ported it to WS2003, and then access the production
version from the WinXP machine, it displays the URL that I'm using in
addition to the text that I've designed into the toolbar.

Can anyone tell me why it does this and how I can get it to stop displaying
the URL in the title bar text.

Thanks in advance for any help... Herb

Matt Berther

Hello Newsgroups,

I'll venture to guess that this is with a somewhat recent version of IE.
I'm also guessing that the url displayed in the title bar is only displayed
on popups that dont have a visible address bar.

If so, the way to fix this is to add the site to your trusted sites list
(or make the address bar visible).