urllib2 and SSL

rbt

urllib2 handles https request flawlessly on my Linux machines, but errors out on
Windows like this:

PythonWin 2.4 (#60, Nov 30 2004, 09:34:21) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on win32.
Portions Copyright 1994-2004 Mark Hammond ([email protected]) - see
'Help/About PythonWin' for further copyright information.
working_0...
<urlopen error unknown url type: https>
working_2...
<urlopen error unknown url type: https>

Is SSL not supported on win32?

Paul Rubin

rbt said:
Thanks for the tip... how *does* all of the other Win32 apps handle
SSl w/o installing OpenSSL? Do they bundle it and only use it for
themselves? That seems foolish.

Mozilla has its own SSL stack. IE uses one built into wininet, I think.