    how to access this connection setting in Python. Any help will be much
    appreciated..
    -Wish

    Wish, Jan 7, 2006

  2. Wish

    John J. Lee Guest

    "Wish" <> writes:

    > Hi
    > I have a problem with my script in python which uses xmlrpc. The script
    > loses internet connection when it is used behind a firewall. I realize
    > that the firewall is specified by using the http_proxy environment
    > variable. However, the proxy server is automatically configured. I dont
    > have access to its port or the IP.
    > I have seen applications which have a select box to use the internet
    > connection setting of the browser to connect to the web. I dont know
    > how to access this connection setting in Python. Any help will be much
    > appreciated..

    What OS?

    On Windows, urllib.getproxies() should get you the info you need if IE
    is correctly configured (and both urllib and urllib2 use this --
    though the @ syntax is somewhat broken in urllib2, IIRC).

    Disclaimer: I never seem to have to jump through any proxy or auth
    hoops recently, so I'm not very reliable on this...

    John

    John J. Lee, Jan 8, 2006