Use impersonation in ASPNET page to copy files

Guest

I have a web application that needs to copy files from a network share. I
have been trying to use impersonation to accomplish this. This works if I
impersonate my own network account ( domain\username ). However it fails
when I use a user local to the machine hosting the share
(RemoteMachine\username).

Is there a way to copy the file using the (RemoteMachine\username) account
through impersonation or other means?

sloan

If you impersonate with a non local user ...then you may need to grant
access for user
RemoteMachine\username

to this folder

C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files

(winnt could be windows of course, and match up your asp.net version number)

I don't know if this is the issue, just a hint.

If it fixes it, then please post a reply that it worked.