Use Java classes in other languages

?

=?iso-8859-1?B?bW9vcJk=?=

Hi,
I build some experimental languages, and want to make use of the Java
libraries in these languages. The way is like Groovy and other Java
alternatives, and I want to realize the idea in Reflection API. Are
there any packages ready for bridging Java libraries to other
languages?

Ingo R. Homann

Hi,

moop™ said:
Hi,
I build some experimental languages, and want to make use of the Java
libraries in these languages. The way is like Groovy and other Java
alternatives, and I want to realize the idea in Reflection API. Are
there any packages ready for bridging Java libraries to other
languages?

What do you mean by "I build some experimental languages"? Are they
running on the JVM (like Groovy, AFAIK)? Or compiled to native code? Or
inside an interpreter you implemented in Java (or in a native language)?
Or is this just a vague idea?

Anyway, CORBA or JNI might be useful for you.

Please provide mor information!

Ciao,
Ingo

Roedy Green

Are
there any packages ready for bridging Java libraries to other
languages?

One way of handling that is two write a compiler for he JVM that
generated byte code. You can think of it as writing a compiler for a
PicoJava CPU chip.

USING JNI would be horrendous unless you just needed a few things. JNI
is like eating with chopsticks held with your toes.

Jeffrey Schwab

Roedy said:
One way of handling that is two write a compiler for he JVM that
generated byte code. You can think of it as writing a compiler for a
PicoJava CPU chip.

USING JNI would be horrendous unless you just needed a few things. JNI
is like eating with chopsticks held with your toes.

That brings a whole new meaning to "going native." :)