Use of <h1> tag more than once?

brucie

In alt.html rf said:
Er... ?
Who has one of those things anymore?

a fire on my property has forced it upon me! you would have seen my
place if you were watching the abc news on saturday night.

i was the nude guy on the tin roof giving the news chopper a brown eye.
(they may not have shown that bit)

Andrew Urquhart

*brucie* said:
In alt.html nice.guy.nige said:
Thanks Bruce.
aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa!every $&%ing time!
http://moreshit.usenetshit.info/brucie-birth.jpg [14k]

its not funny! i am soooo sick of people getting my name wrong. i
reminded a person i was talking to the other day *5* times my name was
brucie not bruce.

So, if you're Brucie, where'd that little Bruce chap go?

http://bau2.uibk.ac.at/sg/python/Sounds/aiff/bruces.aiff [215KB]
http://bau2.uibk.ac.at/sg/python/Sounds/aiff/bossman.aiff [129KB]

Bob

Jukka K. Korpela said:
Does your document have two first-level headings, i.e. texts that stand
as headings for the entire page?

Apparently you don't have two first-level headings. A "banner" is
probably something used throughout the site, so it isn't a heading for
this page. It's probably something logo-like, or like a stamp you put
over all pages; there's no specific markup for such things, so just

You have already made your guess, haven't you?

You are trying to fool search engines into treating something as more
important by wrapping it inside h1 markup. Well, search engines tend to
be clever, and get more clever, so at the end, _you_ will be fooled.

In fact, you probably already are. Making something <h1> probably
increases just its _relative_ weight inside a page in search engine
processing. So instead of letting the specific content of each page
bubble up naturally, you confuse the process with incorrect markup.

Two h1 elements could make sense in a bilingual document for example, but
this is a rare exception.

Normally when a page has more than one h1 element, none of them is
appropriate.

<h1><a href="workplace-ergonomics.html" title="Ergonomics">ERGONOMICS</a>
- <a href="human-factors.html" title="Human Factors">HUMAN FACTORS</a> -
INTERFACE DESIGN</a> - <a href="user-interface-design.html"
title="Usability Testing">USABILITY TESTING</a></h1>

<h1 class = "head">Welcome to Usernomics - The Usability Company</h1>

Need I say more? A usability company reducing the usability of their main
page in an attempt to mislead search engines. With navigation bar
inserted into a heading, with SHOUTING. And asking the public to help
in misleading search engines more, i.e. to do more tricks to get
competitive benefits over their competitors with dishonest means.
If I wanted to help in such matters, I'd at least expect to get paid.

Point well taken Yucca. I will make the appropriate changes.

Bob

Andy Dingley

Search Engine Results Pages. The fact that you need to ask doesn't lend
much credibility to the first part of your post.

Maybe in alt.searchengine, but not in alt.html

Anyway, isn't it "Ranked Pigeon Seed" ?

Neal

I always get called Tony.

I don't know why. Do these people think I can't spell my own name
properly?

I guess it doesn't help that N is right next to B on the keyboard.

I get called all sorts of four-letter words.

Mark Parnell

Maybe in alt.searchengine, but not in alt.html

Surely it is not too much to expect that someone who is giving SEO
advice should understand common SEO terms?