Use XML file as database

Discussion in 'XML' started by hhdirecto@gmail.com, May 25, 2006.

  1. Guest

    , May 25, 2006

  2. John Bailo Guest

    John Bailo, May 25, 2006

  3. wrote:
    > Is posible to use a XML file as database? I can do SQL selects ?

    Sounds like you might be interested in IBM's latest version of DB/2,
    which has support for an XML data model and can perform XQuery -- and, I
    _think_, SQL -- accesses against it.

    There are other things which claim to be "XML databases", but I have the
    impression that most of them are focused more on storing XML in a
    database than a database in XML.
    Joe Kesselman, May 25, 2006

    Thanks John but in your example don't do a SQL select.

    Joe, I'm searching something standar.

    Thankss
    , May 29, 2006
  5. Umut Alev - MSFT, Jun 3, 2006