User can leave the page?

Gianmaria I.

Hi,
that's my problem.. i hve a pege where users can uload a text file and leave
an e-mail address.. when upload finished.. my server start working on this
file.. and later sends he resultin file to the user's email. Now.. i've
tried this ...but my user have to stay on that page with his browser or the
server stops working.... how can i do to let the user leave the page just
when upload is ok.. and have my serer coninue working.. on user's file?

Regards
Gianmaria

CT

Hi Gianmaria,

Looking at your description, I believe the processing is placed in the page
and not as a background process on the server. You have a number of options,
where one is to upload the file to a folder on your server, insert a row in
a database with a link to the uploaded file and the e-mail address. If you
then place an insert trigger on the database table, this trigger can invoke
your processing logic, perhaps as a script. Does this make sense to you?

Gianmaria I.

Yes,
i think that's the best solution.

txs