user control advice

Guest

hey all,
when i create my user control (not custom control) how do you generally make
it available to other solutions or for other team members to use?

i'm thinking in a new solution, i say "Add an existing item..." and just put
the user control into the project?

thanks,
rodchar

michaelkb

If it's going to be shared among other solutions, the best thing to do
is to create a new class library and build your controls as composite
or rendered controls in that project. Then you add that class library
project to your solutions you want to use them in. You will then be
able to use the controls in any project. Does that make sense?

Guest

i haven't yet quite grasped this concept but as soon as i get a chance to try
it i'll report back. thanks.