user control dissapears from panel on post back

Guest

Hi, I have buttons in a user control for navigation calling usercontrols into a panel on the base page. When I click the submit button on a user control contained in the panel, the usercontrol disappears from the panel on post back. I could use some help on this one. I've poured through my books without the light bulb turning on. Thanks.

Troy

Marina

Are you adding the user control to the panel at run time? If so, you need to
re-add it on postback. Since http is stateless, the page is reconstructed
from scratch every time. If you don't readd the user control, there is no
way for it to be there.