User Control Exception Bubbling

Ben Crinion

Hi

Im having a bit of a problem with an exception that doesnt seem to be
bubbling up from a user control to its containing user control.

The exception can occur on an event fired by a user control which is within
another user control which is on a content page.

I cant catch the exception in the containing user control because its not
occuring as a result of a method call so i thought i would try and use the
containing user controls Error event handler method but it seems to be
ignored and the error gets picked up by the aspx Error event handler method.

Is this the correct behaviour? Do usercontrols not fire the Error event when
an uncaught exception occurs?

My user controls extend System.Web.UI.UserControl if it makes a difference.

Thanks
Ben Crinion