User controls in a master page error...

Discussion in '.NET' started by garann, Jul 31, 2007.

  1. garann

    garann

    Joined:
    Jul 31, 2007
    Messages:

    I have a few user controls I'm trying to insert into a master page. It won't compile, complaining for each that "Element {X} is not a known element. This can occur if there is a compilation error in the Web site."

    However, if I look at it in the design view, all the controls are right where they should be, populated with the data I'd expect.

    Code:
    <%@ Master Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="consumer.master.cs" Inherits="consumer_consumer" %>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="biz" TagName="Header" Src="~/header.ascx" %>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="biz" TagName="Menu" Src="~/menu.ascx" %>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="biz" TagName="Footer" Src="~/footer.ascx" %>
        <form id="form1" runat="server">
            <biz:Header id="header1" runat="server" />
            <biz:Menu id="menu1" runat="server" />
    Any ideas? Thanks!

    garann, Jul 31, 2007