user interface widget: ordered selection list: do any UI library has this widget?

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by zhangweiwu@realss.com, Oct 10, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello. I am looking for a library or codesnip that can provide this
    user
    interface widget that I call "Ordered Selection List"

    Unlike normal <select>, an ordered selection list let user select items
    and also order the sequence of selected entry. An "ordered selection
    list" might be looking like this:

    SELECT FROM HERE TO HERE
    +-----------------------+ +-----------------------+
    | select option A | | |
    | select option B | [ => ] | select option C | [ up ]
    | > select option D < | | > select option E < |
    | select option G | [ <= ] | select option F | [ down ]
    | select option H | | |
    +-----------------------+ +-----------------------+

    This is how to use it:
    I. if the user click [ => ] button, "select option D" disappear
    from the first selection list and appear in the second
    selection
    list. If the user click [ <= ] button, "select option E"
    disappear from right selection list and appear in the left
    selection list.
    II. if the user click [ up ] button, "select option E" become the
    first selected option, if click [ down ] button, "select option
    E" become the last selected item.

    I don't know how such user interface tool/element/widget is often
    called, so I call it "ordered selection list". I read that some people
    call such thing "buildlist" which is probably not commonly used term.

    A smaller version of such "ordered selection list" might be looking
    like
    just a normal selection list but allow user to drap and drop select
    options to re-order them. Such "smaller" widget can only used by
    experienced user (who knows how to drag and drop) and can only be used
    when the select option is less then 100 items (otherwise too difficult
    to drag and drop).

    Please let me know if there are good implementations of such UI
    element/widget. Thank you!

    , Oct 10, 2006