UserControl Inheritence Design Time Editing

Kenton Smeltzer

Hello All,

I am looking for a solution to a problem I am having. I have extended
System.Web.UI.UserControl in a class lets call it MyUserControl for eases of
example. Anyway MyUserControl does some templating stuff and then other
controls inherit MyUserControl and are added to the page. My problem is that
when I change the control that gets added to the page to inherit
MyUserControl instead of just UserControl the designer no longer recognizes
it and will not allow me to view it for design time editing. Does any one
know how to make visual studio treat controls that inherits UserControl
such as MyUserControl as if it where a regular UserControl and hence allow
design time editing?