    programs to see anything on
    the computer display screen
    www.SeeScreen.com

    Peter Olcott, Sep 13, 2006

  2. Peter Olcott

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "Peter Olcott" <> wrote in message
    news:5pVNg.11679$Tl4.2650@dukeread06...
    > I have technology that is similar to OCR technology except that it
    > determines
    > rather than estimates its results.

    The difference being that the former is an exact value with certainty,
    and the latter is a guess or approximation?

    > The main advantage over conventional OCR
    > technology is that it is much more accurate with very small fonts. Current
    > testing indicates that it can achieve 100% accuracy with fonts as small as
    > 6
    > point.

    Does it work with the fonts "WingDing", "Symbols", or my specially
    crafted "all characters are invisible" font?

    > It also works with both types of font smoothing.

    Are there only 2 types?

    > I have thought of a few different uses for this technology, I want to see
    > if
    > anyone here can come up with any more uses.

    Might help if you posted the uses you came up with, so we'll know which
    ones are "more", and which ones are "already thought of those".

    Might be useful for turning a scanned image of a document into a text
    file.

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, Sep 13, 2006

  3. Peter Olcott

    Peter Olcott Guest

    "Oliver Wong" <> wrote in message

    > "Peter Olcott" <> wrote in message
    >> I have technology that is similar to OCR technology except that it determines
    >> rather than estimates its results.

    > The difference being that the former is an exact value with certainty, and
    > the latter is a guess or approximation?
    >
    >> The main advantage over conventional OCR
    >> technology is that it is much more accurate with very small fonts. Current
    >> testing indicates that it can achieve 100% accuracy with fonts as small as 6
    >> point.

    > Does it work with the fonts "WingDing", "Symbols", or my specially crafted
    > "all characters are invisible" font?

    It works with any machine generated character glyphs that have visible pixels on
    the screen. I don't know what your {"all characters are invisible" font} is, but
    if the foreground and background colors are identical, then it will not work. No
    character recognition technology can possibly work if there is nothing to
    recognize.

    Peter Olcott, Sep 13, 2006
  4. Peter Olcott

    Stefan Ram Guest

    "Peter Olcott" <> writes:
    >I have technology that is similar to OCR technology except that
    >it determines rather than estimates its results. The main
    >advantage over conventional OCR technology is that it is much
    >more accurate with very small fonts.

    See

    http://www.structurise.com/kleptomania/

    Stefan Ram, Sep 13, 2006
  5. Peter Olcott

    Peter Olcott Guest

    "Stefan Ram" <-berlin.de> wrote in message
    > "Peter Olcott" <> writes:
    >>I have technology that is similar to OCR technology except that
    >>it determines rather than estimates its results. The main
    >>advantage over conventional OCR technology is that it is much
    >>more accurate with very small fonts.

    > See
    >
    > http://www.structurise.com/kleptomania/

    I have extensively reviewed this technology, and it is the next best technology
    in the world to www.SeeScreen.com technology. It achieved 44% accuracy when
    other technologies such as
    http://www.nuance.com/omnipage/ had essentially zero accuracy. Preliminary
    tests tentatively indicate that SeeScreen will be able to achieve 100% accuracy
    on this same sample. The following is a link that contains the actual sample
    http://www.seescreen.com/Unique.html

    Peter Olcott, Sep 14, 2006
  6. Peter Olcott

    > "Peter Olcott" <> writes:
    >>I have technology that is similar to OCR technology except that
    >>it determines rather than estimates its results. The main
    >>advantage over conventional OCR technology is that it is much
    >>more accurate with very small fonts.

    > See
    >
    > http://www.structurise.com/kleptomania/

    Basically to boil it down in a nutshell, SeeScreen is very similar to
    Kleptomania for text recognition, except that SeeScreen is much more accurate.
    Additionally SeeScreen is much more versatile, able to recognize thousands of
    arbitrary graphical objects (not just text) from millions of alternatives in a
    fraction of a second. This latter capability is very useful for GUI scripting.

    Peter Olcott, Sep 14, 2006
  7. Peter Olcott

    > "Oliver Wong" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Does it work with the fonts "WingDing", "Symbols", or my specially
    >> crafted "all characters are invisible" font?

    > It works with any machine generated character glyphs that have visible
    > pixels on the screen. I don't know what your {"all characters are
    > invisible" font} is, but if the foreground and background colors are
    > identical, then it will not work. No character recognition technology can
    > possibly work if there is nothing to recognize.

    I thought I recall you exploring peering directly into RAM, so perhaps
    under some conditions you could have determine what text had been entered
    into a GUI control, even if such text were invisible. I'll now assume that
    you don't do that, and base your recognition entirely on the set of pixels
    captured.

    In my WingDing font, the character for capital A looks like a right hand
    forming the V sign (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V-sign). In some other
    font, that exact same glyph might be used for the character lowercase zeta.
    Without peering into RAM, how would you know which of the two fonts are
    being used to tell wether to recognize such as glyph as A or zeta?

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, Sep 14, 2006
  8. Peter Olcott

    > "Peter Olcott" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Oliver Wong" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> Does it work with the fonts "WingDing", "Symbols", or my specially
    >>> crafted "all characters are invisible" font?

    >> It works with any machine generated character glyphs that have visible pixels
    >> on the screen. I don't know what your {"all characters are invisible" font}
    >> is, but if the foreground and background colors are identical, then it will
    >> not work. No character recognition technology can possibly work if there is
    >> nothing to recognize.

    > I thought I recall you exploring peering directly into RAM, so perhaps
    > under some conditions you could have determine what text had been entered into
    > a GUI control, even if such text were invisible. I'll now assume that you
    > don't do that, and base your recognition entirely on the set of pixels
    > captured.

    Yes there are methods where this works some of the time. The biggest case where
    this never works is when the text is first written to a memory bitmap, and the
    bitmap is then copied to the screen.

    > In my WingDing font, the character for capital A looks like a right hand
    > forming the V sign (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V-sign). In some other font,
    > that exact same glyph might be used for the character lowercase zeta. Without
    > peering into RAM, how would you know which of the two fonts are being used to
    > tell wether to recognize such as glyph as A or zeta?
    >
    > - Oliver

    If there is even a single pixel that is much as a single shade of difference, my
    technology can know with certainty which is which. There are various heuristics
    that work with great reliability if two glyphs are identical. The heuristics
    generally maintain the reliability above 99%. The only case where accuracy may
    possibly drop below 100% is where there are two different glyphs in the same
    font instance that are identical. If two glyphs are identical, yet, the between
    glyph pixel spacing is different, the SeeScreen can still determine which is
    which with 100% certainty.

    Peter Olcott, Sep 14, 2006