Using a skin control multiple times

Stacey

I have a situation where I would like to use a Literal several times
in the same skin.
Right now I am duplicating it for each instance, so that each one can
have its own unique ID.
But that's a bit of a pain, if each time somebody wants to reuse an
existing control on the same skin I have to recompile the whole thing,
with the new control added.

Is there another way to use the same Literal several times?
(I know I could probably abuse Javascript for this, but I was looking
for an "elegant", and proper, way.)